Monday, February 26, 2007

Shoes!

I need new shoes. I hate to shop for shoes. I buy shoes, they hurt my feet. I try to be trendy, but it doesn't work. I just have to wear sensible shoes, that's all. My favorite shoes? I love my Aussie Dogs, my pink slippers and my black half-boots. Oh and my tennis shoes. The rest of my shoe collection sucks. Here's the big thing why I hate to shop for shoes. I hate to pay the price. Seems like something like shoes should be cheaper because you wear them out. Oh, I know what you're saying, "but, wait, Debbie, shoes are cool. They are made by Jose the Shoe Guy!" I don't care WHO makes the shoes. Most of them hurt my feet, especially my baby toe. I'll stick to my comfy shoes, thank you. Speaking of shoes, I made a couple of shoe cards the other day. Actually, I just wanted to color something that was quick and easy, so I picked up the $1 shoe stamp from Michael's off my shelf and went for it. This is what I made out of it. The sentiment is not from Michael's. I got it in a $1 bin of unmounted rubber at the Riverside stamp show. Pretty cool sentiment, eh? I think the cards are kinda corny, but they will serve their purpose. I'm sending them out this week, so if I haven't talked to you recently, you may be saddled with one of these cards. That's it for now. Thank shoe very much.

4 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

I hear you...my feet SUCK. I used to be all cute and shoe like, but now I prefer to help pay Tiger's salary.

I call it the "retail foot". I have pretty much been standing for 20 years. Nowwww I sit. Me likey sit.

Thanh Vo said...

For the teen years of my life, I used to love heels. Oh boy, have I paid for them now.

Suzi said...

I have one word for all of you:

CROCS!!!!!!! Look into them, you'll LOVE THEM!!! Of course, they look like you're wearing shoe boxes on your feet and, after wearing nothing else for over a year, when I put on "real" shoes, they feel so confining. Uck! Love my crocs. I gotta get a Mickey pair for Disney!

BarbK said...

i own 2 pairs of shoes. 1 for indoors and 1 for outdoors. i, too, hate buying shoes because they just aren't comfortable, any of them. so, when my 2 pair wear out, i'll go barefoot, but not the other half of that equation -- no how, no way, not ever again!