Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Do the Funky Chicken

If you're a baby boomer like me, you may remember a dance called the Funky Chicken. I used to do the funky chicken with my Uncle Paul when we got a little lit. Now that I think about it, it seems a little weird but it was funny at the time. Us dancing around like a couple of whacked out chickens. Anyhow, back in January I got this stamp at the stamp expo in Riverside. I think it's a Prickley Pear stamp. I bought it because it looked cool enough to color. I colored it once on white cardstock and decided that it was too stark, so I used the beige ground from an artists palette. This was a fun image to color with my Prismas. Heck, anything is fun to color with Prismas. After I finish my samples for Johanna for the Del Mar stamp expo, I'll be dragging out my Terry Medaris stamps and coloring them because I haven't yet colored all my Medaris stamps. I think John and I are going to go to Peoria next month for a Padres spring training game, and plan on heading into Phoenix and Mesa to hit a couple of rubber stamp stores. I'd like to get some Medaris stamps and some stamps by Copper Leaf Creations. They have some really neat stamps. I notice my taste in stamps goes in phases and different types. Right now I'm into the southwestern rubber stamps. I can't get enough of them. Sorry ladies, Bellas will never make it into the rotation.

3 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Yah! DOWN WITH BELLA!!

LOL I never danced the funky chicken, but the cheerleaders used to always yell "How funky is your chicken, how loose is your goose...something something about your caboose.."

You are my coloring hero.. In fact, you're a SUPER hero. I wonder what your name would be...Pencil Girl doesn't have a good ring to it... I think I am going to sew you a bright green cape.

Ethel Amutan said...

"....Bellas will never make it into the rotation..." I feel you! LOL! LOVE your talent for coloring with Prismas. To heck with Terry Medeiras (no disrespect). YOU should be teaching these classes yourself, Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'm excited to hear of your upcoming trip to Phoenix.

Make sure you stop by Stampotique, in the northern Phoenix area. You'll not want to miss it. I was in Phoenix last month for the National Championship game (sigh...) and I visited three stamp stores in Phoenix, and this one is my favorite by far. Though StampWorks in Chandler will help satisfy your quest for southwestern images.

Happy Shopping!