Thursday, February 15, 2007

Queen of Commas

,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, I've dubbed myself the Queen of Commas. I've realized I put commas everywhere. No, not on the walls or on fences, but I am quite liberal with that member of the punctuation family when I write. When I'm writing, I put one where I'd take a breath and I guess I breathe a lot. I'll go back through and read what I've written and I have to take out a quarter of the commas and that doesn't take into account the ones that should come out but didn't. I think that sentence needed a comma somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I'm always aware of other people's commas (or lack thereof), but apparently I need to be more mindful of my own. So if I've corrected you (known to you or not) about your use of commas, well you just tell me to mind my own commas. ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,

3 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Then I am the queen of periods....... :)

Anonymous said...

I love commas... (and "..." apparently) Whenever I write presentations or papers I have to go comma hunting to take out all the ones that I put there as the pause in my thought when I was writing. It must run in the family.

Your comma lovin' niece,

Dana

shuggy said...

that's ok...i'm queen of not using capitilazation!!!