Monday, January 29, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Monday, January 15, 2007
- Visit the Louvre museum in Paris
- Eat sushi in Japan
- Visit the pyramids in Egypt
- Become a member of the Mile High Club
- Snorkel in Hawaii
- Take a ride in a hot air balloon
- Learn about wine
- Drive the Autobahn
Ok, so you get the idea. Have you made your list? Start it today! Won't it be great for your kids and your grandkids to find your list and see all the things you've accomplished?
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Saturday, January 06, 2007
I used glossy cardstock and cut it about 4.5" square. I adhered the cardstock to the spinny thing with double-stick tape so the paper didn't fly off when I turned on the machine.
I used alcohol inks.
I sprayed the cardstock with a lot of rubbing alcohol prior to turning the machine on and prior to dropping the inks on the cardstock. Alcohol inks dry fast anyways, but they dry even FASTER since this little machine spins it around in a circle.
The cardstock needs to be pretty slick for the ink to move around on it. Julie found that she got better results using the Ranger blending solution.
Use a lot of ink. One drop won't make a big splash. You gotta use like 20 drops. Oh forget the drops, just squirt the stuff on the paper. Too much though, and you get a solid splash instead of line splashy things and the paper starts getting a little soggy.
When my paper dried out, I added more alcohol from the spray bottle. At this point if I had the blending solution, I'd use that.
Only you will know when you are done. I turned my machine off numerous times during the whole process. When I liked what I saw, I stopped.
When I was finished, I stamped embossing ink over the whole paper and used clear embossing powder and heat set it. This seemed to bring out the colors more. You don't have to do that. Oh yes, you do, you have to do everything I did. Exactly the way I did or it won't work. hahaha not really, but you started to believe me, didn't you?
One thing I did that Iwould recommend: The machine comes with a cheesy splash guard. The alcohol inks will definitely splash out if you don't use it, but here's what I did - I folded a couple of pieces of paper in half and taped them together to make a tube, then I taped the tube to the spin art machine. This made a taller, wider splash guard. If you need picture, make a comment and I will post a picture of what I'm talking about.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
- Armadillos enjoy eating ants and they can devour up to 40,000 in one meal. Each armadillo eats up to 200 lbs of bugs a year. That's over 6 billion lbs of bugs for the entire US population of armadillos per year.
- Armadillos sleep over 17 hours a day, with 3 hours of REM sleep. Humans only have 2 hours of REM sleep.
- Armadillos are the only mammals that always give birth to four identical young.
- Armadillos are known by many names. Armado in Guatemala, Panama. Cachicamo in Venezuela, Carachupa in Peru, Cusuco in Costa Rica, Kapasi in Suriname, Mulita Mayor in Argentina, and Tatu Galinha in Brazil. Here is a video about an armadillo at the SD Zoo: http://www.kfmb.com/features/local8pets/story.php?id=59716#