Sunday, August 19, 2007

OMG it was so hot today

I got up this morning around 7 and it was nice outside. Nice and cool. So I went back to bed until 9. lol It was getting hot by 9, so I closed all the windows and turned down the AC. I started chores and it wasn't cool enough, so I turned the AC down again. By the time I was done monkeying with it, I had it running at 68. I know, I know, who needs it that cool? But you aren't here and it was freaking hot upstairs in the craft lounge. Besides, I don't keep the AC that low every day. Oh, and I'm paying the bills, so there. Tony came over today. He had gone to the beach in the morning. Said the water was perfect, but the sun was too hot. Was home by noon. He came over and John and I took him out to dinner for his birthday. I am having a hard time with my baby being 27. 27???! That is too close to 30. How can he be 27 when I'm still 39???? Actually, I'll be 50 this year, but don't tell anyone. We went to dinner to the Thai place in restaurant row. It was very good. My first Thai dinner. I liked it and would definitely go there again. I'm working on some very different art (for me). I'll be posting it in a day or two. I know I've been just putting down words in this blog and that's boring, so pictures coming soon, I promise. See you tomorrow, sports fans.

2 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I know what you mean about babies getting older and chronologically it has to be impossible since we are just young things ourselves, eh?

Sounds like a fun day. Sure wish I could send you some of our cooler weather. It was down in the 40's last night and my furnace is running this morning! YIKES! Isn't it still August???

K Hutchinson said...

I need some of your hot weather this way too...it is cold at night...only 70 during the day!

Can't wait to see your art tomorrow!