Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm just an old softie

I was really tired after the Scrapbook Exp yesterday, so I didn't do much but watch tv and then I went to bed early. I must've been in a sappy mood because I watched a couple of romantic comedies. First, I watched "Just Like Heaven" with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. I just love Reese Witherspoon and will watch anything she is in. She was her usual cute self in this one and I loved the character she played. She was a doctor who was injured and put into a coma from an auto accident and the landscape architect, Mark Ruffalo, moved into her apartment. Reese is a ghost who communicates with Mark. Sounds hokey, but it was really nice. This movie was reminiscent of "City of Angels" with Meg Ryan and Nicolas Cage. Same type of movie really. The next movie I watched was "The Break-Up" with Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn. When this movie came out, I though I'd never watch it, but it was pretty good. I especially liked the ending. I was glad it didn't turn into "The War of the Roses". I like both of these actors and they did a pretty nice job in this movie. It's one of those movies where you can just chill and watch. Not much thinking to do, just enjoy. This movie also had one of my other favorite actors in it, Vincent D'Onofrio, who played one of Vince Vaughn's brothers. He's on Law & Order right now and that's the main reason I watch that show. So I got my dose of romantic movies in. Maybe I watched them because John was off camping with his boy scout troop this weekend. I guess I missed him.

No comments: