Friday, August 10, 2007

It's ART

Here is one of the panels I made at the class that Julie and I took at Stamping Details in Poway last weekend. It was a fantastic class. I really had to s-t-r-e-t-c-h myself to do this class, and thank you, Julie, for suggesting this class. This piece is growing on me. I really do love the bright orangy-red colors that I painted the background. This class was structured around using various types of transfer mediums. I used a transparent gel on the sun and a more opaque gel on the rest of the pictures at the bottom right. The transferes were done using Xerox copies of photos and placing the ink side of the copies into the transfer medium. After leaving it for 24-48 hours, you put water on the back of the paper copy and rub off the paper, leaving only the transferred image in the medium. After that dried, we painted over the image if we wanted to and touched up the background if we wanted. I stamped some words and the justjohanna eiffel tower onto the background. I added a Lil Davis leather frame to the front of the postcard and figured I was done.

I did start a second canvas, but I'm not finished with it yet. I guess you'll have to wait for that one. I've also started another one on my own and it's nearly finished. I'll post that one soon, too.

Thanks for looking at my art.

5 comments:

emilia in Taiwan said...

The orangy-red color is so eye-catching! I love it!
You two will post a lot of more works...right? I am so excited about this!

K Hutchinson said...

This is so great! I love the orangey background! You did an awesome job on it! I can't wait to see what else you have made!

~K

Mary said...

Hey girlie. Great new projects posted.

Mary (toao)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Amazing color! TFS how you did this! WOW!

Tami Bayer said...

Ok, now I get the transfer thing a little more. Thanks for explaining it. Really gorgeous piece. Can't wait to see the rest.