Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's HOT

It is freakin' hot here! The high today was 86. It's after midnight and it's 73 degrees out and the humidity is 83%. Last night's low was only 68. The forecast for tomorrow is 90 by noon. We have the air conditioning off and the fans blowing. It's tolerable, but not optimal.

In order for me to feel cooler, I wanted to look at a nice refreshing picture. Here is one of John and I in 2003. We were on a boat in the Caribbean getting ready to snorkel off the coast of Cancun. Doesn't that water look fantastic? Oh, it was! Don't you feel cooler now? I know I do.

Oh get this: San Diego Gas & Electric has asked everyone to set their air conditioning to 78 in order to save energy and avoid blackouts due to overconsumption of power on the grid. Let me just say that I think that is a bunch of horse *&!#. They did this to us (California) about 5 years ago and they had rolling blackouts. The actually turned off all the power in huge areas for a period of 1-4 hours at a time in order for the grid to save power. They said it kept the State from shorting out or losing power or some stupid thing. Guess what happened after all that happy crap? They raised our rates! Big time!! I believe they, SDG&E, PG&E and oh hell, what is the other one...... anyways, they're all in cahoots to extort money from the people. Simple as that. Hey guys, remember Enron? hehehe The heat is getting to me. I'm getting cranky. I'm going to bed now.

5 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Sure wish I could blow some of our cool Canadian air down your way to help out with your heat. Better yet would be to get out on the Caribbean somewhere and snorkel. Ahhhhhh.....

Anonymous said...

I live in S.D. too, and I say if I have to pay the outrageous prices SDG&E charges us then I am going to be comfortable and run my A/C and fans. It has been miserable.
I can look at the soothing water now, thanks for the photo.

Heather Grow said...

What the heck is up with this heat. Yuck! We don't have AC. Usually it's not an issue but it sure has been warm the last week. Stay cool my friend to the south.

Tami Bayer said...

I'm way cranky...3 days in a row of unbearable heat and zero air conditioning. I think I should have spent the new carpet $ on A/C.

M!ssPr!ssy said...

It is hot here in SD. It was 104 outside temp in my car thermometer when I was inland/Poway. 114 in encinitas at a friends house. I don't know what my temp is here yet I only have 2 little window ACs I don't think they take up too much power because my SDGE bills haven't been too high yet. They usually can keep up with it until around 3-4 then they are worthless until eve. I wish I could jump in some water too. Cancun looks like when I went to Cabo. Stay cool.