Friday, May 18, 2007

Cards of a Different Size

I've been having a tough time getting just the right embellishments with my cards. I just can't seem to figure out if they need ribbon, buttons, glitter or what. When I do stamp an image, I believe it should be the focus of the card, not the embellishments, so I have a hard time choosing anything. I decided that maybe it wasn't the embellishments, but the size of my cards, so two I made today are different. I call the first card, "Make A Wish" for obvious reasons. I've been wanting to use this flower corner for a long time, but didn't know what to do with it. I think this is a little different way to use it. The corner flower stamp and the sentiment are by justjohanna. I stamped the images on white cardstock and stippled the background with yellow dye ink from CTMH. I stamped the floral corners on the cardstock and then stamped the sentiment in the center. I colored the flowers with my Prismas and then added a little black Stickles on the dots and flower centers. Card size is 4x4. This next card is 6x6. I can't remember what paper I used. If you've seen my craft room, you know I have more paper than I'm actually aware of, so I can't keep track of all the different ones I use, especially when I use more than one manufacturer. Anyways, on with it... I used Michelle the fish and the swirly tail stamps for this card. I used my stamp positioner a lot on this card. I stamped Michelle in an X pattern in the center, then positioned the swirly tail inbetween the fish and then between the swirls. I think it makes this look a little oriental. I really like playing with justjohanna stamps in different ways. And that's all there is in my cardmaking world today. John and I have been working on putting down Pergo downstairs, so that definitely cuts into my crafting time, but the floor is looking great. More info on that later.

2 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

I am always amazed at what you can do with stamps, inks, and pencils. Really, there is no need for any other embellishment with your cards. I think your artwork stands alone.

Julie Prichard said...

That Michelle card KICKS ASS!!!