Friday, March 30, 2007

Down to the Wire

Why am I always finishing things up at the last possible moment? I always start early, but never finish until the bell is about to ring. I'm like that with work, too. Arriving at work at the last possible moment before the clock strikes 7:30am. Well, for one thing, I am NOT a morning person. I don't think well in the morning. My morning routine has nothing to do with this blog entry, card, or your interest, but I just thought I'd share just a tiny bit of me.

This is a card for my March submissions to Johanna. I hope she likes it. I don't use this stamp much. It is the Flora Hugabundous. If you like this flower, then you'll really like Flora Ginormous. Check them out on the justjohanna website. The sentiment is justjohanna, too.

I stamped this image on white cardstock and colored with my Poppy Red and Raspberry Prismacolor pencils. The stem is Olive Green and Grass Green. Nothing fancy. I stamped the image on the paper and cut out the center of the flower and adhered it with tacky glue. I used more of the fabulous A2Z paper I got at the Cupboard. Don't you just love the colors? I do.

I've seen so many cute cards with the tabs on them, so I thought I'd try it. I'm not big on embellisments, so this was reaching for me. I created the tab by cutting a strip of cardstock and then using my narrow corner rounder, I rounded the end to make it round. I used a gem brad on the tab. Thank you ladies for your inspiration.

I'm still working on a few more cards, so I'll be posting them separately. As always, thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate it very much. Leave me a comment once in a while so I know you've been here. See you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love this paper, I just bought a bunch at Cat's this week.
A question for you, what is your favorite white cardstock to use with your pencils ?
Your coloring is always incredible !
I look forward to your posts for three reasons, one to view your art, second for inspiration, and of course your wit and sense of humor..love it !

Julie Prichard said...

I've been here... ;)

Thanh Vo said...

Gorgeous card, Ms. Debbie. I am the same way as you... though I think you already know this. I work best during the late hours.

Erin said...

Adorable card! I come by here often! :)