Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Green and Blue

I got my December Self-Addressed kit and I LOVE the papers in it this month. I love these greens, blues and browns together. Of course I'm in love with my Limepeel Prismacolor pencil, so this green reminds me of that and that's probably why I like these greens. I used Sylvie for the chick on this first card. The card layout was copied from the December "Cards" magazine. I learned this trick from Johanna. Go through the book and tag the pages you like and then systematically go through and copy each card. Match up dotted paper, stripes, etc. where you can or just copy the layout and pick your own papers. This card is 4x4 - my new favorite card size. I colored Sylvie with my Prismacolor pencils - limpeel and peacock blue. This card didn't photograph well at all. It's all the greens and I couldn't get it to get to the right color. I'm having major problems with my new scanner. It doesn't like 3D objects. It focuses on the closest item to the scanner glass and then everything else is blurry. I resorted to taking pictures under the Ott light with my digital camera. If this is the way I have to do it now, I'll have to photograph the cards outdoors in the natural light. This is Gigi and I gave her some glittery bobs on her head. This is the last card I copied from "Cards". This layout is very pleasing to my eye. I love the mix of papers on this card, too. The "indulge your passion" stamp is by justjohanna and I colored it with a brown marker. Gasp! A marker?! Yes, a marker, but it isn't blotchy or streaky, so I hope it passes the Johanna Test. Thanks for looking at my blog today. I'm home all week, so I'll be posting every day this week.

5 comments:

emilia in Taiwan said...

these cards are fresh and greeny! it's a smart idea to "copy" the card layout!

K Hutchinson said...

What yummy paper! I love all the LO, I always forget to mark ones I like!

Anonymous said...

I love those colors too! Merry Christmas!!

Heather Grow said...

I love all three cards but the one with the brown is my favorite.

Marnie said...

Wonderful I love this color combo!