Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday Samples

Here are a few cards that I worked on this weekend. They all use stamps by justjohanna. I call this first little number, Bella's Balloons. Isn't Bella just the cutest? She is my favorite of all the justjohanna birds. I thought this Wild Asparagus paper was kind of partyish. I like the colors in this paper. I paper pieced the cupcakes as well as Bella's tummy. I used my white gel pen to color accents on the cupcakes and Bella's body and her head feathers. I drew in the balloon strings with a fine-tipped brown marker. It's spring, so why not make a spring card? I got the idea for this card from the April issue of Cards magazine. Do you get that magazine? I love it! There are some really great ideas in that magazine. I used my newly-purchased Basic Grey "Phoebe" paper for the cardstock on this card. I inked the edges of the paper with my charcoal colorbox ink. The letters used to spell out SPRING are a font from Purple Onion stamps. Beauregard is my second favorite bird by justjohanna. I colored him and the spring letters with my prisma pencils. The background is done with Versamagic ink and I used the small scallop, medium scallop and tiny flower - all justjohanna stamps. This card measures 3.5 x 7. Door number 3 here is a little off-beat. I love the swirly backgound, but can never decide what I want to do with it. I also LOVE Stampbord. See previous blog posts. I did the stampbord first on this card. I inked the round stampbord with VersaMagic inks and then stamped the swirly background on with black Brilliance ink. After those inks dried, I used my scratch knife to scratch out the areas on the stampbord, making the white stampbord show through. I love doing the scratching. Then I found a matching lime/olivey green cs (Prism) and stamped the swirly background on that. When I put the stampbord on the cs, it screamed "I don't belong here!", but I didn't listen. It must go there! So I stamped a tiny jj sentiment in white on the background cs. I was thinking this might be a fairly decent guy card because of the colors, but I'm not so sure. We'll see what Johanna has to say about it. I'm off to do something different than making cards. I think I will take out a sewing project and finish that up.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love these cards. :)

bigbadmike said...

Hey! I really know nothing about the craft world, but saw your link because of our mutual friend - Luggage. Your blog is great! Love your enthusiasm and writing style! You've got it going on, girl! Peace out....bigbadmike.

Julie Prichard said...

That's me....spreading the love. :)

Sigh...that Bella cupcake ballon card. Outstanding! Jealous I didn't think of that. It's my favorite :)

Suzi said...

Your cards are so fabulous!! I obviously need to jump on the JJ bandwagon but, I'm somewhat itimidated. Love the birdies.