Friday, March 21, 2008

You Make Me Laugh

This is how I feel sometimes, especially this time of year. Yeah, tax time. Every year I say I'm going to be more organized with my taxes and every year it's the same thing. Oh well, I is what I is.

This is one of the new Stampabilities line of stamps, Gruffies. This stamp is called Bear-ied in Paperwork and features Biggly bear. I stamped him with black Versafine ink on my new Papertrey cardstock. Man, I love that cardstock. It's heavier than most cardstock I've used to color on, and it's smooth. It's fantastic if you're using markers or pencils. I haven't tried chalk yet, so no review on that today.

I colored Biggly with my Prismas. I colored him from head to toe with Ginger Root and then put on a light cover of light umber and then filled in the darker areas with dark umber. I used a bit of blush pink on his cute widdle face and then blended with cream and sand. I also used cream and sand on his tootsies. I colored all the papers with white first and then put used blush pink, light cerulean blue, cool gray 50% and 70% on various papers. After I was satisfied with the colors, probably about 2 hours later, I took my black VeriThin pencil and went over the stamping lines that were covered up with the white and grey pencils.

Here's somthing about the VeriThin pencils. One thing that is different from the Prismas and the Verithin pencil is that there is a lot less wax in the Verithin pencil. It is a very hard lead and is excellent for putting accents on certain areas and for outlining. It is excellet for touching up eyes, eyelashes, and other tiny stamped areas. You can buy the black Verithin separate from the other Verithin pencil sets. I get mine at Aaron Brothers or Dick Blick.

The base cardstock, the lime green, is Prism and it measures 5-1/2" square. The cardstock on top of that is Prism, too, and I Cuttlebugged it. haha that sounds funny. Say it: Cuttlebugged. The dotted paper and circle paper is Memory Box. I had this little tag in my embellishments drawer and added some narrow brown ribbon. I inked the edges of the stamped piece with Brick Red Brilliance ink.

I love Craig Ferguson. He's the host of the Late, Late Show that comes on after Letterman.

7 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I love this card! Your coloring always knocks my socks off! I have some of the verithin pencils- and use them for details too! The tag embellishment is perfect on the card!

Heather Grow said...

He's sooooo cute. Thanks for the enabling.

Corie said...

Awww -- he is just adorable!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

This is one of my favorite Gruffie stamps. So sweet and your coloring makes him come alive.

Jennifer :)

Thanh Vo said...

Hahaha. Atleast you know how to do your taxes. This is the first year my dad has been "You're on your own!" Yikes. This Gruffie is adorable, I cannot wait to get mine. Woohoo.

Cathrine StClair said...

This is so cute. Such great coloring. Taxes - ugghhh.... painful!

Kathi said...

Totally wonderful. Your coloring is amazing. Do you give classes? You ought to.

Anyways, great tip on the Verithin pencils. I'll have to get a black one for touch ups. I've been using a pen.