Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some cards for the stash

Today was a good card day. I dug into my stamp stash and made some cards for the card box at work. This first one is a stamp by I Brake for Stamps that I got at the Riverside Expo. It was fun and quick to color. I colored it with my Prismas. The sentiment is by Sunday International and I inked it with three colors of Versamark chalk inks. The little sun in the corner is a bit from a GWO bag at Yankiwi. I think it's perfect for the card. What I don't think is perfect is my stupid scanner! It hates 3D objects and blurs around the object, even if it's just a bitty brad. Ack! Guess how I did the scalloped edge? Well, I learned that trick by Dawn on one of her video tutorials. It's a cool trick. This is a 5" square card using up some scraps. I had a bit of this cute very narrow pink and white ribbon. I love pink and black together, don't you? I colored the image with Prismas and then put some pink Stickles on the flowers. I added a big pink gem brad and a small green gem brad in the lower corner. I got a woody at Cat's today. The woody is a car. Get your mind out of the gutter. Geez! lol Cat has a bunch of really cool old car stamps in right now. I bought this old woody, but I think I might need to go in and get a few more, including the Mustang. The stamps are by Putting on the Ritz. Colored with my Prismas. I added those teeny tiny brads in the corners. The sentiments are from Hambo Stamps. The inside sentiment says, "You however, do". haha! I thought it was a good two part sentiment for an old car. The solid cardstock is Prism and the gold cardstock is Lasting Impressions. Another pink and black card. I love pink and black, but I already told you that. Here is the Lovely Skull and Bones by justjohanna. It is one of the coolest stamps ever. It goes really well with so many of her sentiments, but I like it with the Rock n Roll stamp best. I don't have that stamp yet. Better add it to my list. I colored with Prismas and added a couple of pink gem brads next to the sentiment. You can't tell they are pink because MY STUPID SCANNER BLURRED IT!!! The sentiment is from the Hero Arts alphabet collection. I have all 26 letter sets. I'm a pig and I know it. I'm also a bit insane, but don't tell anyone. This paper is from the DCWV matstack called, "All Dressed Up". Get it at your local Michael's or Joann's store. Here's the Woody again. I wanted to see if I could do a card in less than 10 minutes. I promise this card is more color-coordinated than it shows in this picture. This scanner really sucks. No wonder it was free with my laptop purchase. It prints well and is easy to use, but scanning is not good AT ALL! So that's it for Saturday. Tomorrow, John and I are going to drive out to the Anza Borrego desert to see if we can see the desert in bloom. I hear it's really pretty this year. I'll take pictures and share tomorrow.

3 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

WOW these are gorgeous! I love the woody! Fun image! Hope you get to see the desert in bloom!

Heather Grow said...

Great cards. Don't forget to take pictures today.

Kathi said...

Wow. You were productive. They're all great. I really like the woody ;-D, the small floral, and the lovely skull one.