Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tile Mural

A few years ago, John and I went to Puerto Vallarta with my sister Donna and her husband, Mike. One of the things I really wanted from Mexico was a tile mural for the wall behind the sink. We found one we liked but had them scale it down to a smaller size. It is hand painted. We paid our money (about $400 US) and then about 2 weeks later, they shipped it to us. This is what it looks like: This is it laid out on our coffee table. We haven't put it up on the wall yet. We were going to move and take it with us, but we changed our minds about moving, so now we're going to be putting it up on the wall for sure. The picture shows the big church in downtown Puerto Vallarta. It is a gorgeous church and it is very old. This mural makes me feel all warm and comfortable. Hope you like it, too.

4 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

LOVE THIS....makes me want tacos...a lot of them.

Tami Bayer said...

and a margarita! Fantastic piece of art.

K Hutchinson said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! I would have to say I would like a rita too! I love them you know- I'm on a mission to try all 110 flavors at local place! I'm at 56!!!! More then half way home! I promise I have not drank all those in one night...te he he!

~K

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Debbie, I keep coming back and looking at this beautiful mosaic. WOW. It is awesome. I hope you'll post photos when you install it in your home.