Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's About Time

I'm back from PA and attempting to catch up on my blog, amongst other things. Here are a few cards I made while in PA.This little number is an experiment. There are these really cool stencils by Heidi Swapp. They are black outlines of stuff and you sponge, dab or paint over the stencil to make a background. Here I used a flower stencil and sponged on the green and blue ink onto a white card while moving the stencil around just a bit to give it a shadow effect. Then I stamped the sentiment and swirly border thingys on with brown dye-based ink by CTMH. Used the same ink to stamp the leaves, also by CTMH. Then used gold pigment ink by CTMH to stamp the leaves again on top of the brown image. Then I coated the whole image with clear embossing ink and powder mixed with a little glitter and embossed it. After it dried, I coated it again with clear embossing powder. Matted it, cut the corners and mounted to dark green cardstock. This is my attempt at collage. Lame, I know, but I tried.

This one is from an image I got from Joanie (ccstampin12) on SS. Got it at our meet-up last month. I cut out the tree top with a circle cutter and made it into a tag. I don't know who made the bird/tree image. The sentiment is by CTMH. My sister has a LOT of CTMH stamps and inks and stuff, so you'll see lots of that here on this post. Images colored with Prismacolor pencils.

I got this PSX image from Tami and colored it at the meet-up last month. It's bright, huh? I love bright colors. I find it hard to color anything with pastel colors. I used my Prismacolor pencils on this image like I do with all my images. I added a little twine bow and that's it for this one. Yes, this is a very simple card. I copied a layout in The Joy of Cardmaking Vol. 2. Paper is from the new Basic Grey pad, Infuse. Fantastic papers! I love their 6x6 pads. Ok, yeah I know this card is busy. I got carried away. I got these cool acrylic stamps at AC Moore. They are by um, er, oh crap, I threw away the envelope!! Lots of little tree pieces and birdies for only $6.99! Go get some today! There are quite a few different sets.

This cute little ballerina mouse is by CTMH. I colored her with my Prismacolor pencils. Simple Prima flower and leaves and MM flower brad.

4 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

I'm so glad you are back! I missed your wit and your art. The first card is pow--shazam--amazing. I love how the lilies turned out. Hope you had a great trip.

Julie Prichard said...

holy carp these cards!!!! Number one is my favorite!!! Bring it to sas....also the flower tree..I LOVE THEM!!!

emilia in Taiwan said...

I am so behind in blogging!! These cards are pretty. They make me feel spring again (what a hot summer, isn't it?)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

How did I miss these cards? I love them all. What cool images and the tree one is sooooo cool!