Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday's cards

Here's what happened in my craft room today. Oh wait, before I get into that, did you watch Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken get inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame today? It was awesome. I loved their speeches and I even teared up with Cal when he spoke about his family. I'm just an old softie. Ok, on to arts & crafts. This first card was made with scraps. I already had the flowers, leaves and stems stamped out and they were living in the scrap drawers. I just dug them out and tried to find coordinating cardstock. That was a challenge, but I think it came out ok. I've seen a lot of cardmakers doing the curled flower thing these days, so I thought I'd give it a try. The flowers, stems and leaves are Outlines. This House Mouse stamp is one of my new ones. I got it at HM Stamps. I've been in love with this image ever since I took my first colored pencil class at Cat's a year or two ago. I really, really tried to color this image with soft colors, but it didn't turn out that way, now did it? I just can't help myself with those Prismas! They are so much fun to color and blend I just can't leave well enough alone. I have another card in the works, but it won't be done for a while. Hint: I've been playing with my Magenta stamps today.

8 comments:

Auntie Jill said...

Cute card!! Are those popsicle brads on the side of the card? If so, where did you get them?

TIA....Jilly

Tami Bayer said...

Those popsicles look wonderful! Great cards today. I didn't catch the hall of fame induction today. Can't wait to see what you are still working on.

K Hutchinson said...

so cute- can't wait to see what you next masterpiece is going to be!

~K

Julie Prichard said...

Nice projects, Debbie!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

HM is soooo cute! The Outlines is gorgeous! I love to see you work those beautiful outlines stamps.

Heather Grow said...

I want one of those popsicles. It's been a little toasty lately. Mmm. Looks refreshing. Love the little popsicle embellies too.

Thanh Vo said...

lol. the card is not soft at all, but that's what I like about you and your cards.

emilia in Taiwan said...

check out the big fan!
this is soooo cooool and I coudl feel the wind!