Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday's Simple Cards

I was inspired to make some of these cute card by Pam's Hoppy For You card. I got out my Rubber Soul acrylic stamp that my sister got for me and went for it. I cut out lots of scallops and went to town. You can see that I copied the layout nearly exactly as Pam, but I needed a quick start and sometimes we crafters do that. It's normal. The octopus is on glitter cardstock. It's from the DCWV glitter stack. I love that bunch of cardstock. Every sheet is glittery. I stamped the octopus with two different colors of VersaMagic inks onto white cardstock. Used the same inks to stamp the matching sentiment. I ran the green cardstock through my paper crimper since I don't have a Cuttlebug. Made a tag for the sentiment and attached it with a brad. I really like this little crabby guy. Again, I used two different colors of VersaMagic ink on him. I get the VersaMagic dewdrops in the four-packs from the Cupboard, so I have lots and lots of these little ink pads. I love it! Stamped Mr. Crab onto white cardstock and cut out with my pink oval scallop punch. Then used the purple scallop punch to do the orange scallop. I cut a strip of pink paper and ran it through my paper crimper for added interest, then tied some ribbon around the pink paper. Pam did that and I think it looks real cute. Attached the sentiment tag with a brad. Do you think this crab needs google eyes? How about the octopus? For this Thank Ewe card, I stamped the sheep onto mirror cardstock with StazOn ink. I used StazOn because it dries fast on this slick cardstock. I stamped the sentiment with StazOn as well. Broke out the blue circle punch and punched out the sheep, then the pink and then the purple scallop punches. This paper is from the DCWV glitter stack as well. This picture shows the card a bit washed out. It's very bold IRL. Again, I ran the white cardstock through the crimper, tied ribbon around it and attached to the card. Voila.

1 comment:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ya know? I think that is a simple but very effective plan to punch a lot of ovals and circles first and then let go and create! These are by no means simple and are as cute as can be!