Thursday, October 16, 2008

Garden Party

Six hours later, here's my card for Cathy's Garden Party challenge for this week. Yes, it really took me 6 hours to make this card. At least 6 hours. Oh I watched a movie, "Because I Said So" (chick flick), caught up on my DVR'd episodes of Road Trip with Huell Howser, and watched too many episodes of Parking Wars on A&E. I am hooked on that show.

This stamp is by the Stamp Barn in Ottawa, ON. My friend, Jennifer, got it for me. When I saw the challenge this week, I knew exactly what stamp I would use. Don't you think this stamp fits the challenge? I love this stamp, but man oh man, it takes a LOT of coloring. I colored it with my Prisma pencils and THAT is why it took 6 hours to color this card. If I had used my markers, it would've been done a long time ago.

Well, I did try my markers, but it didn't look right. I'm going to send some images to Cathy and see what a Copic pro does with this image. Yes, Cathy, you have been warned. ;) Do you want some images, too, KH? I'd be happy to send you some you fantastic colorer, you!

Give the Garden Party Challenge a try. It's not so hard. You don't have to be a maniac like me and color for 6 hours. Just use the challenge photo as inspiration and give it your interpretation. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

Oh My! This is amazing Debbie! Just beautiful.

I'm game to *try* coloring it. What a beautiful image. But um... gulp!....

Anonymous said...

OH my heavens this is just stunning, Debbie! It may have taken you 6 hours but it is outstanding! What a great image!

Kathi said...

You're a maniac, but a talented one.

This is gorgeously stunning and suitable for framing.

Anonymous said...

I'd love some images and I'd like to send a couple your way as well, but I tell you...I'm feeling intimidated. You rock with those pencils!

Becky said...

LOVE THIS! GOOOD JOB! I hope whoever you send it too frames it!