Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Deb and Kathi

Here we are!!

This is a picture of me and Kathi Rerek. When John and I were vacationing in PA, I made arrangements with Kathi and we met at Memory Lane in Quakerstown, PA. WE LOVE MEMORY LANE! Kathi reserved space in the crop room for us to make stuff. It wasn't just Kathi and I - it was my sister, Donna, her famous friend, Kim, Dana (my niece) and Lisa.

While the other ladies worked on cards or scrapbook pages, Kathi and I practiced with watercolors, pens and pencils. Kathi showed me how she uses her watercolor pencils and Twinkling H2O's and I showed her how I use my Prismacolor pencils. After we did that for oh, a couple of HOURS, we started working on a few projects. I made a couple of cards while Kathi took advantage of the die cut machines in the crop room to cut out some stuff for a book she is working on. Kathi was quite pleased with what she got done, and so was I. I learned more about how to use my watercolor pencils and to take it easy with the color. If you know me, you know I like solid, bright colors and Kathi showed me that I could use just a little bit of color to get a beautiful effect without putting on so much color. I love it!

I am so glad I got to meet Kathi. She is funny and talented. I hope we get to get together when we go to PA again. Thanks for driving to ML, Kathi!

6 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

awwww what a great photo! So jealous looks like you had a wonderful time!

Teresa Abajo said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! We'll have to get together next time you're in Melbourne ;)

Thanh Vo said...

Awwwwwww you two got to meet! Always fun to meet a good friend from the internet.

Kathi said...

Oh my. There we are! :)

We're cute.

It was great to meet you, your sister, your niece, and the other famous people, plus the store totally rocks.

You're a wiz with those Prismacolors and have the patience of a saint. But you get great results, so it's all worth it.

Glad I could show you a tiny bit. You're a natural.

I hope you visit your sister again real soon!

Eleanor said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing your pic.

Godelieve said...

This must have been FUN! Both Kathi and you have such a sense of humour. I bet you laughed a lot, but learned a lot too.