Sunday, January 21, 2007

Handmade cards and Mom's pot roast

This morning, I worked on some cards. I've been wanting to do this chick card for long time, so I decided today was the day. It's a stamp made by Outlines Rubber Stamps. It is so cool. I love their stamps. I colored it with my Prismas and then mounted it. Nothing fancy except for maybe that spectacular bow in the corner. hahaha The HI card is just something I put together to use up more of that fanatastic Crate Paper we got in this month's Self-Addressed kit. It's so retro-looking but in a contemporary way. The HI is cut out of my new QuicKutz Sunshine diecuts. Pretty neato, huh? The rickrack is from Vickie. It's probably from the 60-70's era. I like it because it has gold down the middle. John and I went to Mom's for Sunday dinner, and boy was it good! She made a pot roast in Stella's pot. Nothing burns in that pot, right Mom? Plus, everything just tastes great in it. We had Mom's yummy gravy, mashed potatoes and veggies. Yummy dinner. Mom even baked a cake. Red Velvet cake it was. Delish! Thanks, Mom. You're such a good cook!!!!

No comments: