Friday, November 30, 2007

First Fire, Now Rain

If the fires weren't bad enough, now it's raining. It's been raining since about 5am. I just checked and so far, we've gotten 2.54" since then. It's raining at about the rate of .13" per hour. See here's the thing... First the fires burn all the plants, leaving the hillsides and mountains bare, and now the rain comes and causes mudslides. Fantastic. I have no problems at my house. This rain will actually be beneficial since the ground in my yard is very hard. Now I can pull all those weeds I've been meaning to get to but never wanted to because it was too much work. It'll be easy peasy now. If it stops raining enough tomorrow, I'll be outside in the mud. YAY! I bought some Peeps today.

3 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Well I can image pulling weeds this time of the year...as I sit waiting the snow come down!

I got some candy canes today so I'm on cloud nine! YUMMY! Enjoy your peeps :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

How do you find peeps in December?

But then again, I can't find the ground here...we've got nearly 8" of the white stuff, affectionately called SNOW!

I'd really rather have the rain. That would mean it was warmer!

Have fun in the mud! I sure would! :)

Hey! I've been missing chatting with you!

~ Jennifer :)

Tami Bayer said...

The rain finally stopped here and now we have the white stuff. I thought of you when I saw some christmas tree peeps...enjoy!