Thursday, September 07, 2006

Halloween and personal lubricant

Last night was the Halloween paper bag class at the Cupboard. It was so much fun. There was paper, glitter, ribbons and even some trick or treat candy. I will have to work on my printed instructions. Hey, they were clear to me, but I guess not everyone thinks like me. Thank god for that, huh?? The last crafters left around 10:30. Yes, 10:30, but it was a lot of fun. And to think I wanted to do 12 pages in that book. Thank you, Cat, for suggesting 6 or we'd still be there. This is my last work day before vacation, so I'm tying up a lot of loose ends before I go. I hate to come back to old, icky work on my desk. I'd rather have NEW icky work on my desk. Actually, I'd prefer not to work at all, but I'm working on a plan that may take care of that. What is it, you say? I'm not telling. Yet. I just got a call from my sweet housekeeper who told me why she didn't show yesterday. She was driving on the freeway and there was an accident in front of her. Car #1 hit car #2 and, you guessed it, car #2 hit her in her brand new truck! She was still upset this morning. Wanna hear the kicker? Neither car #1 nor #2 had driver's licenses OR insurance! My housekeeper has insurance, but now her insurance must pay for the damage to her car that she didn't have anything to do with. What is wrong with people?? They just don't care anymore. What the freakin' hell.... Responsibility just going out the window, nobody cares about anyone but themselves. Oops, I pulled out the soapbox without a warning. Sorry. I'm off it. Fortunately, she is ok, but still a bit shaken up. One more day and then we leave for vacation. I can hardly wait. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be doing all the running around getting stuff ready. Hey, wanna hear something weird? I checked the TSA website. They are the ones who do the security at the airports. So, ok, no machetes, no lighters, no rifles, no lip gloss, and no liquid makeup (foundation), no mouthwash and no toothpaste, but guess what you CAN take? KY jelly. Ok, now if you were gonna take KY jelly on board, what the hell are you gonna do with it? You can have 4 oz of "personal lubricant". What are people doing with 4oz of personal lubricant on a plane? Am I missing something? Have they endorsed the mile high club and no one told me? Because I can, I think I will pack my personal lubricant, and if they ask me why, I will say because I can. It's on your list of approved items, along with the cigar cutters, knitting needles, and scissors! That's it for now, sports fans.

4 comments:

justjohanna said...

LOL. Thanks for the info about the housekeeper, too. We still hadn't heard from her.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL trip Debbie!!!

Anonymous said...

Vacation...how wonderful, whats that? Your airline approval list made me smile this morning....lol

Anonymous said...

So where are you?? I'm tired of opening your blog and seeing the phrase "personal lubricant!" :-)