Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Garden Party challenge card

I'm finally getting my *%$! together and participating in challenges again. I was in a funk, but I'm climbing out now.

This is my submission for the Garden Party Challenge this week. Here's the picture for the inspiration.

For this card, I used all Odd Bird Planet stamps: Banner Tree, 'Tis the Season, Priscilla Cane Cat. I used a little liquid applique on Priscilla's hat. The paper is from the Flair Christmas collection. I can't tie a bow for nothin', so I made a knot. It's crooked, I know, but by the time I got it tied neatly, I wasn't going to stress over placement. I need bow lessons again, I guess.

I colored these images with my Prismacolor pencils. I was going to use my Copics, but I could see my pencils getting lonely, so I thought I'd keep them happy before they threw themselves all over the floor. Hey, it's happened before.....

Thanks for stopping by. Stop by the Paper Garden and give the weekly challenge a try. It's fun!

4 comments:

Kecia said...

Gorgeous coloring! You are simply magical with whatever medium you choose.

Hey, BTW, the Peep image is from StampIn, which is an online store located in frigid Minnesota. www.stampin.com

Also, speaking of holidays...Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathi said...

I'm glad you've gotten out of your "funk".

Great card and coloring. I do love that tree and all incarnations of Priscilla.

Cathrine StClair said...

This is great Debbie! That tree is perfect for the challenge. Awesome coloring as always. Thanks so much for playing along (it get lonely over there LOL!) I worked on my card yesterday.... not so good. I think I might be in a little funk too..... sigh... I'll try again tomorrow.

Hey! I love the blog facelift - it looks great.

Tiff said...

LOVE your coloring! This card is perfect!