Sunday, November 26, 2006

Making Christmas cards

I've been busy this weekend. I made lots of Christmas cards. This is a PSX stamp and I used the reverse negative technique. You just stamp the same image two ways: blank ink on white CS then white ink on black CS. Then you cut diagonally and that's it. I think it's striking. These two cards are the same except for th colors. Printed paper is by Memory Box, solid CS is by Prism. The snowman is a brass stencil that I dry embossed, colored a little with Prismacolor pencils and then I went back over it with translucent embossing paste and a little (a lot) of glitter. Sentiment stamp is by justjohanna. I can't decide which color combo I like best. I'm leaning towards the green one, though. This was a really quick card. Alpha is Stamping Mathilda by justjohanna. Partridge stamps are by justjohanna. PP is My Mind's Eye, Signature Suite, "Happiness is Bliss". Isn't it yummy? This card took me a while to do. The ornate Christmas tree stamp is by justjohanna. Stamped with Versafine black ink, then colored with Prismacolor pencils - many, many layers! Background paper is Kaleidoscope. Sentiment is by justjohanna.

No comments: