Sunday, April 26, 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge #34

The theme for this week's House Mouse weekly challenge is "Springtime". I thought lots of cardmakers would be making cards with flowers, so I thought this image would be great for spring, too. Whenever the weather gets warm, I always go for the popsicles. My favorite flavor is orange, so that's what I gave these mice. Thanks for the opportunity to enter the challenge. It's always fun.
I used the spotlight technique for this card. It's easy to do. Stamp your image twice. Choose an area on the image that you want to highlight. This would be an area of interest, like the two mice and the popsicle. Color the area on one stamped image. Cut it out with your circle cutter. Since my stamped image is very large, I chose a large circle. If I would've chosen a smaller circle, it would've looked a little silly, I think. So I cut out the circle area and then I used a black marker to edge the circle for a little definition. Adhere the circle to the card. That's it. Try this technique sometime. It's quick and fun.

4 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

I really love this technique, it is perfect for this image and challenge. Great card!

Kathi said...

That looks great. You did a great job coloring (as usual).

I've been meaning to try the spotlight thing, but keep forgetting.

BTW, I would have thought your favorite flavor was lime. :D

Cindi said...

so cute!! those orange popsickles sure look yummy!

Tami Bayer said...

This is so adorable, Debbie. I haven't tried the spotlight tech in a long while. Thanks for the nudge. I like those Dreyer's lime fruit bars, almost as good as a frozen margarita. yummmm