Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day Challenge

** Holy guacamole, my post didn't post on time! I had it set to go but I must've put in the wrong time. A million apologies. On with the post: Happy Earth Day!! When I think of Earth Day, I think of doing things that save the earth and the earth's resources. When I buy things, I try not to buy things that have a lot of packaging that will be thrown in the trash. That's just me. When I read magazines, it bugs me so much that they put in so many of those little inserts, attached or not, that want you to subscribe to their magazine. I've found 4-6 of them in just one magazine! My challenge to you, is to take one of those subscription inserts and use it somehow on your card. You can color it, tear it, stamp on it, ink it, paint it, whatever! Here's what I did with one of the inserts from my magazine: I used all OBP stamps and stamped them on white cardstock, cut them out and mounted them on top of the subscription card. I pop dotted the earth topiary and the kitty. The chaise is cut out and adhered to the card and the chandelier is stamped, embossed, colored and glittered directly to the card. I colored my subscription card with Copics. I gave it a good base coat with one color, then used a tissue soaked with colorless blending solution and another Copic color and dabbed it on. You could do the same thing with alcohol inks if you had a glossy cardstock. Let's see what you do with your subscription cards. You have until midnight tomorrow to finish this challenge and all the other challenges by OBP design team members. You do NOT have to use OBP stamps, but if you have 'em, use 'em! Here's what you do. Make your card and post it on your blog. Make a comment to this post with a direct link to your post on your blog. Here's some more info: OBP's Design Team will be hosting challenges on their blogs. These challenges will also be posted on OBP's Group area of Paper Craft Planet. You'll have until Thursday at midnight to complete any and all challenges. Do you want to know what you're playing for, other than the satisfaction of making some awesome cards and projects? One winner from each of the challenges will receive either an Earth or a "Limited Edition" Al on Earth stamp. That one winner will then be entered into the drawing for one of the grand prizes:
 o One winner will receive $100 in Odd Bird Planet stamps
 o One winner will receive $50 in Odd Bird Planet stamps
 o Five winners will receive a 25% discount coupon when they place a Odd Bird Planet order. Here's the schedule (all times are PDT), challenge hostesses, and their blog urls: 6:00 am – 9:00 amRina, Sparkle, Suzy, Godelieve 9:00 am – 12:00 pmNicole, Tracy, Dianne 12:00 pm – 3:00 pmKim, Tanis 3:00 pm – 6:00 pmBeth, Marnie, Teresa 6:00 pm – 9:00 pmLaura 9:00 pm – 12:00 amDebbie, Kathi Ok, enough information! Let's get crafting. I want to see what you can do with those pesky subscription cards!!!

8 comments:

Kathi said...

Very cool. You sure cut well. I really like what you did to the sub.card. I must get a bottle of blending solution.

Anyways, I pulled a few from some mags and plan to play a little tomorrow.

Far North said...

Great challenge Debbie! I pulled out lots of those nasty things from just 2 magazines and want to give this a try...but this workin gal must call it a night for now...hopefully tomorrow!

Kim said...

Awesome card Debbie! Wow! I've got to give this technique a try...your card is amazing!

Heather said...

Thanks for the challenge. It was so great to use those lil' things for something :)http://heatherraborn.blogspot.com/2009/04/earth-day-challenges-continued.html

Suzy said...

Holy wow. I must say this is the neatest idea I have seen in a while, and you made the most clever and creative card with it! WOW!

Jenn said...

This was a great idea! Love your card, thanks for inspiring me. =)


http://doublendesigns.blogspot.com/2009/04/odd-bird-planet-earth-day-challenge-2.html

itsallrosi said...

pour toi, Debbie:

http://itsallrosie.blogspot.com/2009/04/subscription-card-challenge.html

Tiff said...

This is so neat! I love it! I wish I had my stuff with me...I would SOOOO play along!