Thursday, February 14, 2008

Put Some Peeps on Your Head

Some things are just meant to go together. Cheese and crackers, Brad and Angelina, Peeps and ME! OMG, my sister called me tonight to tell me she emailed me this article. A CONTEST TO MAKE AN EASTER BONNET MADE OUT OF PEEPS!!
Of COURSE I am going to do this. If you know me, you know I love Peeps. Yes, I like to eat them, but more than that, I love looking at them. I have stuffed Peeps, Peeps bubble blowers, Peeps flashlights, blinking Peeps, Peeps jewelry, Peeps recipes, and now I will have a Peeps Easter bonnet. Oh the fun! Did you know that I have even been to the JustBorn factory in Bethlehem, PA? Oh yeah, baby! Oh! Did you know that they are coming out with Tulip shaped Peeps this spring? You can go to the JustBorn website to check it out. Ok, so you're not as excited about Peeps as I am, but gotta admit you are curious to see what I come up with, aren't you? You know, I don't even know what the prize is. I don't even care. I'm just excited to make a Peeps bonnet!!
Tell you what: Tell me something about you and your experience with Peeps (eating, wearing, experimenting), and I will pick a winner from all the posts and send you a great Peeps gift. You'd bettery hurry. I'll be choosing the winner on Feb. 27, the same deadline as the contest.

6 comments:

Heather Grow said...

That sounds like a fun challenge. I don't have any specific peeps memory. I do remember them always being in my basket as a kid. I think it was usually the pink bunnies or the yellow chicks.

Anonymous said...

i adore peeps! they have to be hard, so my husband lovingly buys them weeks ahead of time(for my easter basket) and opens them so they are HARD as a rock when i get them LOL!
i work at a bank where my obsession with peeps has become a norm among my fellow associates, and i have to laugh because every year i usually get 4-8 PACKAGES of peeps from fellow workers, much like people get flowers for holidays... and they always say, hey saw these today Jan and thought of you...
i can't wait to see the hats...
janice

Anonymous said...

I just started watching Project Runway..MAKE IT WORK! I love that guy... It HAS to be H U G E...tower of peeps..like hats on opening day at the track...with motors and everything!! A tunnel and a peep train running round and round.

:( I don't like peeps. I remember crying when I would find them instead of chocolate in my basket,

jenny vee said...

i, too, worship the peep. christmas snowmen and trees, valentine's day hearts, halloween pumpkins. i especially love the bilious blue ones. plus my food-allergic kid can have them, so it's peeps-a-go-go around our house at every holiday until we run out or we stick to each other like we've been superglued.

and i, too, have been to bethlehem. it was at christmas, and we stayed at the world's worst holiday inn (exploding room heater, barking packs of dogs, missing microwave). remember: NO ROOM AT THE INN IN BETHLEHEM. (wait, where have i heard that before...?)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the contest.

I can't decide if I should show this to the person who helped me make the Peep stadium or not.

Thanh Vo said...

You are going to make a SWEET project and I cant wait to see u share it!