Sunday, September 09, 2007

In a Halloween mood

I was in the mood to make some Halloween cards today. I bought a bunch of these neat Inkadinkado stamps from the Cupboard awhile back and hadn't used them yet, so today was the day. I love them all. This first card isn't my favorite. It just seems all jumbled up, but I wanted to use the big green skull. I stamped a bunch of the Versamagic dewdrop ink pads onto the stamp to get the color like that. I got the background paper from the Scrapping Cottage a long while back and just now used it. I think it looks ok, but not fabulous. The next two cards are done using the Inkadinkado stamps, too. The paper is from Memory Box, "Studio" collection. Isn't it the coolest?? Cat sells it. Comes in a 6x6 pack for only $5. Oh yeah, you want some now, huh? I knew it. She has all the newest Memory Box 6x6 packs and of course I had to buy them all. This first card is just paper stripped and then I used the sewing machine to zig zag some stitching over the edges of the papers. Easy peasy. The little brad is from Memory Makers and it says "31". The word "October" is from the Hero Arts set. Easy card. This card is even easier than the last one. I cut the background paper to 4.25 x 5.5 and just stamped the sentiment in the bottom right. Then stamped the skull (inked with various Versamagic colors) above the sentiment. Making Memories brads for the eyes to make it spooky. Are you scared? Thought so. This paper is from the same Memory Box collection. Neato. This last card took awhile to do. The stamps are Lockhart. I love the witch feet stamp. I've noticed so many witch feet stamps out there this year. I colored this stamp with my Prismas. I like all of it except for the green border. Hard to tell from the scan, but I used my green metallic prisma pencil. It's not all that striking in real life, either. I used black glossy paper for the base. The purple stripe paper is Lasting Impressions. The orange cardstock behind the sentiment is something Cat has, and it is very sparkly. You really must get some before it sells out! It comes in more colors than orange, too. Go for it! That's it for cards I've made for today. I made a bunch or the jj DT assignments, but I can't post them yet. I guess you'll have to wait, but while you're waiting, go to Cat's and see the new store. It's fantastic and she has lots of new stamps in. Hurry up. Go already!

3 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Hey you! It is GREAT to see you coloring again! I've missed your cards and posts. I love the witch feet. So fun, fun, fun and the sentiment is great! Good to "see" you again! :)

Tami Bayer said...

I am in love with that skull stamp. All of your cards are fantastic...you do Halloween so well.

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! You have been a busy gal! Love all these cards, especially the witches feet!