Sunday, November 08, 2009

CPS Sketch #141

Whenever I lose my crafting mojo, I head over to a sketch site and do a sketch challenge. Today, I headed over to the Card Positioning Systems Blog to participate in their current sketch. I'm so happy it was a simple one! I just needed to get a card done, not have angst over how I'm going to interpret a sketch.
I used two of the images from the House Mouse clear set: cute little mousie and the candy stamp. I stamped the mouse first, then masked it and placed the candy along side the mouse on the right and left. Simple. I need simple.
Then I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and when I finished I added some glitter to the candy. I wanted the hat to have some dimension, so I used some liquid applique with glitter on top. I heat set it so it would puff up. I used my QuicKutz Revolution to cut out some flourishes out of sparkly white cardstock. I ran the flourishes through my Xyron sticker maker. Simple! I added a few ribbons and was done. Whew! Oh, the paper I used was from the Basic Grey "Eskimo Kisses" 6x6 pad.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This card is awesome Debbie! I love how you did the candy! Too cute!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Oh Debbie I can't image you losing your crafting mojo ;) Love this card, it's so cute and festive. The candy looks so yummy and the little puffy hat is great!