Sunday, October 25, 2009

Trick or Treat

Halloween is almost here and I'm not done with my cards yet. Yikes!
I love, love, LOVE this set of stamps that I got from Paper Garden Projects. The stamps in this set are so darn cute. I wanted to make a card without using all the stamps in the set. I only used two of the stamps here: the door frame with light and the hands holding the candy bowl.
I also wanted to stamp on non-white cardstock. I used a light brown cardstock and stamped with Versafine black ink. All stamps were colored with Prismacolor pencils. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the hands in the doorway.
I added some crystal lacquer on top of the light to make it look like glass. For the sentiment, yes, I have stamps that say "trick or treat" but I wanted something different, so I dug into my alphabet box and came up with these cute little stickers. I'm not really a sticker person, but in some cases, I think they look cute.
I'll be posting other cards soon, including one for the Fourth Friday Fun Challenge over at the Paper Garden Projects site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Debbie, this is adorable! I love it! The stickers look great! Love your coloring it always ROCKS!

Kathi said...

Oooh. This is cute too. I love the hands with the candy bowl. The doorframe/lantern is cool too. Ilike how you highlighted it.