Friday, July 03, 2009

Copic Color Challenge #20

This week's color challenge over on the Copic Colour Challenge blog is using these colors: I love these colors together. Once I saw these colors, I knew I was going to use one of my Frida Kahlo images. Plus, I had just gotten some new Lasting Impressions paper at Stamping Details in Poway, so it was a project made to happen. The CCC says that you should use the colors listed if you have them, but if not, then use a color close to what you have that works. You can also add colors to the image, too. I did not have YR68, so I used YR16 Apricot. The other colors I used were:

E51 Milky White

E31 Brick Beige

YG67 Moss

G85 Verdigris

R14 Light Rouge

C7 Cool Gray No. 7

  • The leaves were another stamp I used. I used my chalk inks to ink the paper then stamp the image in a darker chalk ink color, and then I used clear embossing powder over the images and cut them out. The green leaves don't match the cardstock very well in this photograph, but they do match in real life. I hate it when that happens.

It was fun doing this challenge. If you participate in the Copic Colour Challenge, drop me a line so I can go check out your card. Have fun!

7 comments:

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

You are so good with your coloring with the copic markers. I tried it and I couldn't even come close to your coloring. So, I went back to my old method of coloring. If all else fails, fall back!!

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS this is gorgeous! You are totally rocking out the copics! I love this image!

Blasé said...

I bet you were one of those kids that 'stayed between the lines' when you colored.

Tiff said...

Beautiful!!!!

Tami Bayer said...

She's gorgeous! I'm willing to bet that you could even do coloring wonders with good old crayons, my friend.

Beth Norman said...

Now this definately is the best coloured copic image I have ever seen. Just look at that face. You rock the copics girlfriend!

PeachyCheek said...

I love Frida! You did such an amazing job with this. I also love your "Thinking of You" skull card.

Too cute!!

Great job!

-Kim