Monday, February 16, 2009

Cat chipboard book

I am so far behind I don't know when or if I'll catch up. Here's a book I've been working on this weekend. A friend of mine just had a litter of kittens. No, not HER! Her cat! haha!! I crack myself up sometimes. This is the front of the book. My sweet sister sent me this cat-shaped book for my birthday. It's so cute! I used DCWV Pet Paper for the book. I used some justjohanna Odd Bird Planet stamps on these facing pages. Aren't they just too cute?
This next layout is fun. I had this brown leather frame with lime green stitching in my embellishments drawer. I put foam dots around three of the edges to raise it up. See where the little green dot sticks out from the top? That's so you can pull out the picture from the frame. I colored the little kitty and put her in there until my friend puts her own kitty picture in there.
This one, I stamped and colored the Crazy Cat Lady in Training. The television set is a QuicKutz die for my Revolution. I raised up the television frame on three sides and put a ribbon pull on the left side to slide the picture in and out of the frame. The tag is for journaling.
I love the bright colors in the layout below. I have these little wooden flower pots that are cut in half. I got them at Michael's. I colored the wooden flower pot with my Copics and then put in some flowers with some glue. After that dried, I just glued it to the book.
I used another of my QuicKutz dies for the layout below. It's a file folder diecut. Two diecuts, actually. One for the cover and one for the tabbed inserts. I stamped and colored the image on the outside. Colored with my Prismas. There are six pages for pictures of kitties in this little booklet. YAY!
A long time ago, I was RAK'd with a bunch of kitty cat stuff and these stickers were part of that RAK. I thought it was cute to put the ingredients for a cat on the back of the photo book.
This book does not lay flat when closed. It's already about 6" thick. I tied some ribbons to the top of the book as you can see by the front view (first picture). I really enjoy making these little chipboard books. I hope my friend enjoys this book as much as I enjoyed making it for her.
Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Sheesh Debbie. You rock the mini books! This one is great. I love everything about it.

I think you might have enabled me to get the QK TV set. Too cute!

So what kind of kitties are they? Are you going to help her put the book together?

Leigh said...

Oh wow, I love this. It is just fabulous. Great work.

Godelieve said...

Fantastic mini album!!